UM London and Mindshare land Royal Mail and Post Office media
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 07 March 2012 12:00PM
UM London and Mindshare have won the respective £5m Royal Mail and £12m Post Office accounts, following a six-month pitch process involving OMD, the incumbent agency on both accounts.
Work is expected to start immediately on the Royal Mail account and will involve various projects across the Royal Mail business including a specific 2012 Olympics stamps brief.
UM London has also been tasked with improving Royal Mail's return on investment across print, TV, radio and digital media.
The agency will work closely with Beta London, which won the creative account for Royal Mail back in June 2011. Beta is responsible for leading the creative and strategic work to help develop brand communication campaigns for Royal Mail.
Mindshare will take charge of the Post Office's £12m account on 2 April.
Andy Jones, chief executive officer for UM London, said: "We look forward to contributing to their business results with our best in class people, thinking, product and measurement tools at what is an incredibly exciting time for the company in 2012."
Ben Rhodes, head of marketing for Royal Mail, said UM London were the clear winners.
He said: "[the team delivered] a top class pitch presentation full of powerful insights, creative thinking and a real understanding of the challenges that face one of the largest and most loved brands in the UK during a time of business transformation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Business Development - Creative Agency Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Account Manager The Beautiful Meme £25k to £30k, East London
- Group Head - Global Internet Giant Ultimate Asset £55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus and incredible benefits , London