Sony Music launches £10m media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 08:00AM
Sony Music Entertainment is reviewing its £10 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The record label, previously known as Sony BMG Music Entertainment, last held a review in 2005 after its creation from the merger of Sony Music Entertainment with its rival Bertelsmann Music Group.
MG OMD had been the incumbent on the Sony Music business, while Vizeum had previously looked after BMG.
The company is holding chemistry meetings with agencies this week as it looks to draw up a shortlist of three shops ahead of formal pitch presentations. MG OMD is understood to be repitching.
The process is being led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
At the time of the merger, Sony BMG created a company with around a quarter of global music sales. Artists on its roster today include Bruce Springsteen, Kasabian, Avril Lavigne and Michael Jackson.
The music industry continues to be a challenging sector amid the long-term impact of digitally distributed music.
Digital music revenues rose 8 per cent in 2011 to £3.3 billion, but the overall market was still in decline, falling to £10.3 billion from £10.6 billion in 2010, continuing a downward trend that began in the late 90s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey