Sony Music launches £10m media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 08:00AM
Sony Music Entertainment is reviewing its £10 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The record label, previously known as Sony BMG Music Entertainment, last held a review in 2005 after its creation from the merger of Sony Music Entertainment with its rival Bertelsmann Music Group.
MG OMD had been the incumbent on the Sony Music business, while Vizeum had previously looked after BMG.
The company is holding chemistry meetings with agencies this week as it looks to draw up a shortlist of three shops ahead of formal pitch presentations. MG OMD is understood to be repitching.
The process is being led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
At the time of the merger, Sony BMG created a company with around a quarter of global music sales. Artists on its roster today include Bruce Springsteen, Kasabian, Avril Lavigne and Michael Jackson.
The music industry continues to be a challenging sector amid the long-term impact of digitally distributed music.
Digital music revenues rose 8 per cent in 2011 to £3.3 billion, but the overall market was still in decline, falling to £10.3 billion from £10.6 billion in 2010, continuing a downward trend that began in the late 90s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile