Sony Music launches £10m media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 08:00AM
Sony Music Entertainment is reviewing its £10 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The record label, previously known as Sony BMG Music Entertainment, last held a review in 2005 after its creation from the merger of Sony Music Entertainment with its rival Bertelsmann Music Group.
MG OMD had been the incumbent on the Sony Music business, while Vizeum had previously looked after BMG.
The company is holding chemistry meetings with agencies this week as it looks to draw up a shortlist of three shops ahead of formal pitch presentations. MG OMD is understood to be repitching.
The process is being led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
At the time of the merger, Sony BMG created a company with around a quarter of global music sales. Artists on its roster today include Bruce Springsteen, Kasabian, Avril Lavigne and Michael Jackson.
The music industry continues to be a challenging sector amid the long-term impact of digitally distributed music.
Digital music revenues rose 8 per cent in 2011 to £3.3 billion, but the overall market was still in decline, falling to £10.3 billion from £10.6 billion in 2010, continuing a downward trend that began in the late 90s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency