Thomas Cook fights back with major 'explore' campaign
Thomas Cook, the beleaguered tour operator, is today (8 March) launching its biggest brand campaign to date, under the strapline "It is a wonderful world. Explore it with us".
The campaign encourages consumers to enjoy Thomas Cook's range of holiday destinations at home and abroad.
The TV ad, which breaks tonight, will be supported by radio, retail and digital activity.
Thomas Cook is launching the campaign in spring, instead of the traditional post-Christmas booking period, which runs throughout January.
Phil Aird-Mash, co-chief executive, Thomas Cook, said: "While it is unprecedented for a travel company to embark on such a wide-reaching campaign at this time of year, for us it means we'll really stand out and our voice will be clearly heard."
Thomas Cook's campaign will feature a recording of 'Wonderful World' by Joey Ramone, and marks the 140th anniversary since Mr Thomas Cook, the company’s founder, embarked on a round-the-world tour.
The campaign is supported by Thomas Cook's biggest piece of Facebook activity, which comprises of a competition for consumers to win a £20,000 holiday. Consumers must upload a photo of themselves that portrays an exploring spirit, to the Thomas Cook Facebook page, www.facebook.com/thomascook
Thomas Cook was yesterday (7 March) announced as one of VisitEngland's partners in its £5m domestic tourism campaign.
By way of support, Thomas Cook has launched a promotion around its Premier League Match Breaks holidays, which offers a 20.12% discount.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Thomas Cook shelves planned New Year campaign
- Thomas Cook hands UK reins to continental chief
- Thomas Cook confirms Hoban as new marketing director
- TUI Travel commits to 'greener' holidays
- Tourism minister defends VisitEngland campaign against industry biteback
- Absolute Radio partners with Australia's Fox FM for Thomas Cook giveaway
- Thomas Cook overhauls 2013 strategy to ease booking process
- Thomson rolls out national campaign for Dreamliner launch
- Thomas Cook close to £1.2bn refinancing deal
- Thomas Cook to extend social media activity
- VisitEngland calls on celebrities to kick start £5m domestic tourism push
- Ryanair's 'Bye bye Thomas Cook' ad overstepped mark, rules ASA
- Thomas Cook streamlines affiliate marketing
- TUI Travel marketing director Jeremy Ellis on keeping clear of troubled rivals
- VIDEO: Thomson and First Choice must 'stand for something', says TUI's Ellis
- Brand barometer: Social media performance of Thomas Cook
- Q&A: Thomas Cook's Michael Johnson on brand strategy, life after the Redknapps, online challenges and that TUI campaign
- Thomas Cook's marketing chief on the fight to save the 170-year-old business
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web