Thomas Cook fights back with major 'explore' campaign
Thomas Cook, the beleaguered tour operator, is today (8 March) launching its biggest brand campaign to date, under the strapline "It is a wonderful world. Explore it with us".
The campaign encourages consumers to enjoy Thomas Cook's range of holiday destinations at home and abroad.
The TV ad, which breaks tonight, will be supported by radio, retail and digital activity.
Thomas Cook is launching the campaign in spring, instead of the traditional post-Christmas booking period, which runs throughout January.
Phil Aird-Mash, co-chief executive, Thomas Cook, said: "While it is unprecedented for a travel company to embark on such a wide-reaching campaign at this time of year, for us it means we'll really stand out and our voice will be clearly heard."
Thomas Cook's campaign will feature a recording of 'Wonderful World' by Joey Ramone, and marks the 140th anniversary since Mr Thomas Cook, the company’s founder, embarked on a round-the-world tour.
The campaign is supported by Thomas Cook's biggest piece of Facebook activity, which comprises of a competition for consumers to win a £20,000 holiday. Consumers must upload a photo of themselves that portrays an exploring spirit, to the Thomas Cook Facebook page, www.facebook.com/thomascook
Thomas Cook was yesterday (7 March) announced as one of VisitEngland's partners in its £5m domestic tourism campaign.
By way of support, Thomas Cook has launched a promotion around its Premier League Match Breaks holidays, which offers a 20.12% discount.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK