Wieden+Kennedy lands Maximus account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:30AM
Brown-Forman has appointed Wieden+Kennedy as the lead global agency for its Maximus vodka brand.
W+K won the account after a pitch that kicked off last month. It will develop an integrated campaign beginning in the brand's home market of Poland, and will develop a range of multimedia assets.
The new work aims to redefine Maximus, create excitement and resonance among young men, and give Brown-Forman a platform on which to build the brand globally.
Brown-Forman acquired Maximus in June 2011. Its other brands include Finlandia vodka, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Canadian Mist and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Kris Sirchio, the chief marketing officer at Brown-Forman, said: "We are excited to welcome W&K to the Brown-Forman family of leading global creative agency partners. W&K brings a proven provo-cative creative approach that we believe fits perfectly with Brown-Forman's long-term brand-building tradition."
The company plans a major push for Maximus in markets outside of Poland for the first time after its recent acquisition of the brand from the Finland-based Altia for an undisclosed sum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £47000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Juinor Account Manager - Digtial Media - Saas Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers