Wieden+Kennedy lands Maximus account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:30AM
Brown-Forman has appointed Wieden+Kennedy as the lead global agency for its Maximus vodka brand.
W+K won the account after a pitch that kicked off last month. It will develop an integrated campaign beginning in the brand's home market of Poland, and will develop a range of multimedia assets.
The new work aims to redefine Maximus, create excitement and resonance among young men, and give Brown-Forman a platform on which to build the brand globally.
Brown-Forman acquired Maximus in June 2011. Its other brands include Finlandia vodka, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Canadian Mist and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Kris Sirchio, the chief marketing officer at Brown-Forman, said: "We are excited to welcome W&K to the Brown-Forman family of leading global creative agency partners. W&K brings a proven provo-cative creative approach that we believe fits perfectly with Brown-Forman's long-term brand-building tradition."
The company plans a major push for Maximus in markets outside of Poland for the first time after its recent acquisition of the brand from the Finland-based Altia for an undisclosed sum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'