Jam lands Wickes social media brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:55AM
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, has appointed the Engine-owned Jam to handle its social media account.
The retailer began a review of its account in November last year as it looks to increase its online business and the untapped home-improvement space in social media.
Last year, the brand shifted its focus from in-store activity to promote its catalogues and online services.
The appointment strengthens Engine's relationship with Wickes. The retailer appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing business in February last year.
Wickes currently works with the design agency Libertine and MWO, the advertising incumbent, which created the strapline: "Wickes. It's got our name on it."
In a recent campaign voiced by the actor Timothy Spall, Wickes positioned itself as a one-stop shop for doors.
Wickes appointed Carat to its media planning and buying account at the end of 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'