Jam lands Wickes social media brief
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, has appointed the Engine-owned Jam to handle its social media account.
The retailer began a review of its account in November last year as it looks to increase its online business and the untapped home-improvement space in social media.
Last year, the brand shifted its focus from in-store activity to promote its catalogues and online services.
The appointment strengthens Engine's relationship with Wickes. The retailer appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing business in February last year.
Wickes currently works with the design agency Libertine and MWO, the advertising incumbent, which created the strapline: "Wickes. It's got our name on it."
In a recent campaign voiced by the actor Timothy Spall, Wickes positioned itself as a one-stop shop for doors.
Wickes appointed Carat to its media planning and buying account at the end of 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Associate Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Dot-Gap £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- European Digital Director Dot-Gap N/A, Germany
- Account Manager - TV Aspire £30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India