Jam lands Wickes social media brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:55AM
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, has appointed the Engine-owned Jam to handle its social media account.
The retailer began a review of its account in November last year as it looks to increase its online business and the untapped home-improvement space in social media.
Last year, the brand shifted its focus from in-store activity to promote its catalogues and online services.
The appointment strengthens Engine's relationship with Wickes. The retailer appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing business in February last year.
Wickes currently works with the design agency Libertine and MWO, the advertising incumbent, which created the strapline: "Wickes. It's got our name on it."
In a recent campaign voiced by the actor Timothy Spall, Wickes positioned itself as a one-stop shop for doors.
Wickes appointed Carat to its media planning and buying account at the end of 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Senior Planner c£65k + bens Direct Recruitment c£65k + bens. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Strategist - 40k + bens Direct Recruitment 40k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7