Jam lands Wickes social media brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:55AM
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, has appointed the Engine-owned Jam to handle its social media account.
The retailer began a review of its account in November last year as it looks to increase its online business and the untapped home-improvement space in social media.
Last year, the brand shifted its focus from in-store activity to promote its catalogues and online services.
The appointment strengthens Engine's relationship with Wickes. The retailer appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing business in February last year.
Wickes currently works with the design agency Libertine and MWO, the advertising incumbent, which created the strapline: "Wickes. It's got our name on it."
In a recent campaign voiced by the actor Timothy Spall, Wickes positioned itself as a one-stop shop for doors.
Wickes appointed Carat to its media planning and buying account at the end of 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account