Future lanches iPad guide app hours after product unveiling
By Ed Owen, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:45AM
Future Publishing's Tap! and MacFormat brands have launched a guide to the new iPad, which was revealed last night, in the form of an iOS app.
Tap! magazine staff worked through the night to launch the app today.
It has been released just 12 hours after the launch of the new iPad, although internet rumours have proved to be reasonably accurate about the product's specifications.
The free app exploits the tablet's advanced technology, including an HD screen, 4G network capabilities and a faster processor.
Apple's new iPad does not go on sale until 16 March in the UK, but the app can also be used with older models.
Christopher Phin, Tap!'s editor, said: "We're offering this app for free as a way to reward our customers for their loyalty, and we're also running a competition for customers to win a new iPad, which is a great incentive to drive downloads."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £39k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Marketing Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media