Future lanches iPad guide app hours after product unveiling
By Ed Owen, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:45AM
Future Publishing's Tap! and MacFormat brands have launched a guide to the new iPad, which was revealed last night, in the form of an iOS app.
Tap! magazine staff worked through the night to launch the app today.
It has been released just 12 hours after the launch of the new iPad, although internet rumours have proved to be reasonably accurate about the product's specifications.
The free app exploits the tablet's advanced technology, including an HD screen, 4G network capabilities and a faster processor.
Apple's new iPad does not go on sale until 16 March in the UK, but the app can also be used with older models.
Christopher Phin, Tap!'s editor, said: "We're offering this app for free as a way to reward our customers for their loyalty, and we're also running a competition for customers to win a new iPad, which is a great incentive to drive downloads."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Development, Digital and Communications Sound and Music £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Media Planner Buyer - Retail and Animal Charity Client. Oxygen Recruitment Solutions Ltd Circa £29000 + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Java Team Lead Source £60000 - £70000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)