Molson Coors rolls out Carling Zest citrus beer
Molson Coors is launching Carling Zest, a limited edition light beer targeted at summer drinkers.
The lager, which is on sale in off licences from today, has a citrus flavour and is 2.8% ABV. Molson Coors plans to position the lager as an alternative to summer drinks such as rose wines and ciders.
Carling Zest will initially be sold as four-packs in off-licences, followed by 12 packs and single bottles. It will be available in bottles in clubs and bars and on draught from May.
The beer will be on sale until the end of September 2012.
Annette Middleton, Carling senior brand manager at Molson Coors, said: "The mission we set our brewing and innovations team was clear – make us a drink perfect for the summer and in Carling Zest, they've just achieved that.
"With its clear, fresh taste and a twist of citrus, Carling Zest is a perfect beer to enjoy with friends in the sun."
Carling Zest will be supported from 1 May by a £1.9m campaign covering TV, press, outdoor and digital advertising.
Middleton said: "The limited edition beer has tested incredibly well with consumers who are drawn to Carling Zest’s summery appeal."
Last month Carling kicked off a £7m marketing campaign for its premium lager variant Carling Chrome, which was created by VCCP Blue and includes the brand's first TV ad.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Freelance POS/FSDU Creatives... become Competitive rates, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + bonus/benefits, Milton Keynes
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media