Vevo relaunches with social playlists
Vevo, the online video website, has revamped its service, adding a larger player, additional news and information about artists and playlists, devised from your Facebook "likes" and iTunes library.
The larger player is designed to make watching music videos on Vevo more of an experience. The videos will now play continuously, rather than waiting for users to click on them.
The new Vevo will use information from Facebook "likes" and iTunes libraries to suggest songs to users on a tailored playlist, and users will be able to view their friends' playlists.
When videos are playing, users can employ the right-hand menu to scroll through other videos by the artist concerned, as well as read a biography of the artist, the track's lyrics, related news and comments, and tweets about the song.
Michael Cerda, senior vice-president of product, Vevo, said on the Vevo blog: "The new Vevo isn't done, it's only the beginning. In fact, the best product experiences are never done.
"They live, breathe and get better over time. I'm looking forward to your feedback along the way."
The new Vevo is available online at Vevo.com and on YouTube, on iPhone, iPad and Android devices in the UK. Versions for WP7 and the RIM Playbook are expected in the coming months.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Marketing Assistant Â– B2B Retail, £23k (Mat Cover) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Customer Data Manager Stopgap £43000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Agile Programme Manager - Games / Mobile / software development Digital Gurus £55000 - £72000 Per Annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity