Vevo relaunches with social playlists
Vevo, the online video website, has revamped its service, adding a larger player, additional news and information about artists and playlists, devised from your Facebook "likes" and iTunes library.
The larger player is designed to make watching music videos on Vevo more of an experience. The videos will now play continuously, rather than waiting for users to click on them.
The new Vevo will use information from Facebook "likes" and iTunes libraries to suggest songs to users on a tailored playlist, and users will be able to view their friends' playlists.
When videos are playing, users can employ the right-hand menu to scroll through other videos by the artist concerned, as well as read a biography of the artist, the track's lyrics, related news and comments, and tweets about the song.
Michael Cerda, senior vice-president of product, Vevo, said on the Vevo blog: "The new Vevo isn't done, it's only the beginning. In fact, the best product experiences are never done.
"They live, breathe and get better over time. I'm looking forward to your feedback along the way."
The new Vevo is available online at Vevo.com and on YouTube, on iPhone, iPad and Android devices in the UK. Versions for WP7 and the RIM Playbook are expected in the coming months.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Front end Designer/Developer become Competitive rates, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer become £30k-£35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media