Ikea mattresses campaign calls on princess and radio presenters
Ikea is pushing its mattress range with press ads featuring a real-life princess and radio activity around a renewal of its sponsorship of Absolute Radio's evening shows.
Mother created the campaign, which was based on the insight of helping everyone sleep like a princess, and Vizeum handled media planning.
It is designed to put some glamour into the process of choosing a mattress, which Ikea's advertising manager Kemi Anthony said people saw as a "complicated and dull chore".
The press ads follow a genuine princess, Princess Xenia Gabriela Florence Sophie Iris of Saxony, using Ikea's mattress guide and testing the mattress it recommended. Photographs were taken by Jo Metson Scott.
The princess actually fell asleep on set, according to Mother strategist Katie Mackay.
The radio activity will be boosted by exposure on Absolute Radio with a 13-week sponsorship of the station's evening shows that follows on from a previous sponsorship for Ikea’s 'Happy To Bed' campaign.
From today (12 March) until Thursday (15 March), the Christian O'Connell breakfast show team will take turns to present their part of the show from their beds.
The evening show with Mark Crossley will include an in-show feature called 'Happy Inside Track' that will include Ikea voucher giveaways.
Louise Simkins, branded content director at Absolute Radio, said: "We welcome Ikea back … a clear uplift in sales of Ikea bedroom products during the [previous] campaign has created a truly compelling for Ikea to come back and work with Absolute Radio again this year."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director PFJ £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Account Executive - Social Media Source £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Stevenage
- Affiliate Marketing Manager Norton Leigh £30,000, Central London
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social
- ESI Media to handle London Live sales in-house
- Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas day Comparethemarket.com ad
- DraftFCB acquires Inferno to run London
- VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success
- Google reveals most searched-for events in 2013 Zeitgeist campaign