Ikea mattresses campaign calls on princess and radio presenters
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 12 March 2012 10:03AM
Ikea is pushing its mattress range with press ads featuring a real-life princess and radio activity around a renewal of its sponsorship of Absolute Radio's evening shows.
Mother created the campaign, which was based on the insight of helping everyone sleep like a princess, and Vizeum handled media planning.
It is designed to put some glamour into the process of choosing a mattress, which Ikea's advertising manager Kemi Anthony said people saw as a "complicated and dull chore".
The press ads follow a genuine princess, Princess Xenia Gabriela Florence Sophie Iris of Saxony, using Ikea's mattress guide and testing the mattress it recommended. Photographs were taken by Jo Metson Scott.
The princess actually fell asleep on set, according to Mother strategist Katie Mackay.
The radio activity will be boosted by exposure on Absolute Radio with a 13-week sponsorship of the station's evening shows that follows on from a previous sponsorship for Ikea’s 'Happy To Bed' campaign.
From today (12 March) until Thursday (15 March), the Christian O'Connell breakfast show team will take turns to present their part of the show from their beds.
The evening show with Mark Crossley will include an in-show feature called 'Happy Inside Track' that will include Ikea voucher giveaways.
Louise Simkins, branded content director at Absolute Radio, said: "We welcome Ikea back … a clear uplift in sales of Ikea bedroom products during the [previous] campaign has created a truly compelling for Ikea to come back and work with Absolute Radio again this year."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £38000 per annum + benefits depending on experience, St. Albans
- Web Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: + Excellent Benefits , Greater Manchester
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014