Yahoo seeks new EMEA chief as Riley moves on
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 12 March 2012 11:46AM
Yahoo's EMEA managing director Rich Riley is to return to the US, sparking a search for a replacement.
According to the company, Riley "has taken the decision to transition out of his role" and he and his family will return to the US this summer.
He is working with chief executive Scott Thompson to identify his next role.
Yahoo is now looking internally and externally for a replacement.
Riley, who has been at Yahoo for 14 years, became managing director of Yahoo Europe in early 2009.
The news about Riley comes soon after reports that Scott Thompson is poised to announce a massive restructure, resulting in potentially thousands of job cuts.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Multi-Channel Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £30000 - £40000 per annum, London