Yahoo seeks new EMEA chief as Riley moves on
Yahoo's EMEA managing director Rich Riley is to return to the US, sparking a search for a replacement.
According to the company, Riley "has taken the decision to transition out of his role" and he and his family will return to the US this summer.
He is working with chief executive Scott Thompson to identify his next role.
Yahoo is now looking internally and externally for a replacement.
Riley, who has been at Yahoo for 14 years, became managing director of Yahoo Europe in early 2009.
The news about Riley comes soon after reports that Scott Thompson is poised to announce a massive restructure, resulting in potentially thousands of job cuts.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Development Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- PR Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014