Yahoo seeks new EMEA chief as Riley moves on
Yahoo's EMEA managing director Rich Riley is to return to the US, sparking a search for a replacement.
According to the company, Riley "has taken the decision to transition out of his role" and he and his family will return to the US this summer.
He is working with chief executive Scott Thompson to identify his next role.
Yahoo is now looking internally and externally for a replacement.
Riley, who has been at Yahoo for 14 years, became managing director of Yahoo Europe in early 2009.
The news about Riley comes soon after reports that Scott Thompson is poised to announce a massive restructure, resulting in potentially thousands of job cuts.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Agencies need to be more creative about creativity
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency