Starbucks gets friendly with animated spot
Starbucks is hoping to reach six million people tonight (13 March) with a TV ad that uses animation and a friendly Liverpudlian voiceover to inspire its customers to introduce themselves to their barista.
The campaign has been conceived by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO copywriter Matt Welch and art director Simon Welch.
The 60-second ad will run during Channel 4's 'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings', having already been pushed out to Starbucks' 530,000 Facebook fans and 15,400 Twitter followers.
As an animation plays out on the side of a coffee cup on the counter of a Starbucks outlet, the voiceover begins with, "Have you noticed how everything seems a little impersonal nowadays?".
It goes on to explain that Starbucks wants to call customers by name and suggests, "Why don't we buy you a coffee tomorrow and you can introduce yourself."
It ends, "We're Starbucks. Nice to meet you."
The directors were Hoku Uchimaya and Adam Bolt, production was by Partizan and post-production by Partizanlab.
Media planning and buying is handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The campaign will be amplified by press ads tomorrow in Metro, Times, Independent, Guardian, i, Evening Standard, and City AM
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Starbucks sales boosted by Fairtrade espresso shot
- VIDEO: 'Customers are looking for value and personal luxury', says Starbucks' Cranna
- Starbucks enters energy drinks market with green coffee
- VIDEO: What did Starbucks customers think of its free latte offer?
- Starbucks challenges Nespresso with coffee machine
- Starbucks readies multimillion pound campaign for stronger latte
- Starbucks updates loyalty scheme and extends iPhone app
- Starbucks appoints Cranna as new UK top marketer
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Senior Account Manager: c£40k Excellent Digital and Integrated Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k , Surrey: Close to Guildford
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.