Bacardi films celebrate brand's 150 years
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 March 2012 12:26PM
Bacardi has released three short films relating its heritage in the form of a cocktail recipe, as part of its 150th anniversary celebrations.
The trio of 60-second films cover the birth of the Cuba Libre cocktail, the origins of the brand's bat logo, and Bacardi’s invitation in Prohibition-era America to "come to Cuba and bathe in Bacardi rum".
They were created by New York creative agency Johannes Leonardo, which took over the global account from Y&R last year, and were produced by Partizan.
Frank Mertens, global content and communications director for Bacardi rums, said: "Most people have no clue about the richness of the history of Bacardi rum.
"The challenge we face is to tell our stories without giving a history lesson. For that reason, we chose a concept that brings to life our stories in a way that is true to our personality and captures the spirit of the legendary parties we've been hosting for decades."
The films have been seeded locally through digital channels, including Facebook and YouTube.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch