Heathrow runs family-friendly Easter campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 March 2012 11:08AM
Heathrow, the BAA-owned airport, is launching an Easter advertising campaign which highlights its family-friendly services, such as pre-flight play areas.
The launch of the campaign comes as an estimated 3.6 million families and individual consumers are expected to use the airport during the holiday period.
The campaign, which launches on 19 March and was created by agency Masius, will use the strapline, "Everyone gets a smoother takeoff at Heathrow," to demonstrate the family friendly services at the airport, alongside its retail offering.
The campaign runs across outdoor, press, digital, radio and London Underground, until 8 April. Media planning is being handled by Carat.
The ads promote a range of facilities being introduced to the airport this year that will benefit families, from "Kids eat free" deals, to extra-wide family parking spaces in all the long and short-stay car parks.
The activity comes less than a week after BAA relaunched the Heathrow Express, the high-speed train service between the airport and London.
The £16m brand overhaul sees the introduction of new trains, staff uniforms, and a new brand identity.
The airport will support its retail offering with further outdoor ads using its current strapline, "See it in London, buy it at Heathrow".
Nick Adderley, marketing and insight director at Heathrow said: "It's important that we communicate these services to passengers to ensure they have a positive experience at Heathrow and feel ready for their onward journeys."
"Heathrow has the highest retail sales of any airport in the world, as our latest retail figures show, and we know that many passengers are choosing to fly through Heathrow specifically to pick up items sold at the airport."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- UX DESIGNER - (Creative, User Experience, Layout, Branding) Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Sales Manager- Travel - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum + commission, benefits & shares!, London
- Middleweight Print Designer Major Players £22000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch