McCann London appoints executive creative directors
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 March 2012 08:00AM
McCann London has ended its long search for creative leadership with the appointment of Wieden & Kennedy's Rob Doubal and Lolly Thomson as its executive creative directors.
Doubal and Thomson, who will report to Linus Karlsson, the chairman and chief creative officer of McCann New York and London, fill a vacancy that has been open since November 2010.
The pair have been creative directors at W&K since 2010, working on Nokia, Nestea and, most recently, the Brown-Forman Maximus Vodka pitch.
Doubal and Thomson join McCann London’s management team alongside the chief executive, Chris Macdonald, and chief strategy officer, Nikki Crumpton.
Before W&K, Doubal and Thomson worked together at Mother London, where they created award-winning Orange Gold Spots starring Snoop Dogg and Rob Lowe and Coca-Cola’s "yeah yeah yeah la la la" ad.
Karlsson said: "Rob and Lolly are not only great and inspiring creative leaders but also two of the most imaginative, surprising and thoughtful people I know."
Macdonald added: "Rob and Lolly’s creative track record and unwavering focus on craft skills make them natural creative leaders."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Community Manager/Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Head of Retail Brands Stopgap £110000 per annum + pro rata - 2/3 month contract, London
- Mid-Weight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad