BBH and VCCP are big movers in Top 100 agency rankings
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 March 2012 08:00AM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty and VCCP were the fastest-climbing advertising agencies in the upper reaches of the 2011 Top 100 agency rankings, according to Nielsen.
BBH, which is led by its chief executive, Ben Fennell, shot up five places to become the sixth-largest UK creative agency with £215m in billings. It was boosted by wins including Weetabix and Waitrose.
VCCP rose nine places and broke into the top 10 UK ad agencies. It increased its billings by more than 40% to £184.74m in 2011.
Euro RSCG, JWT and CHI & Partners all lost their positions in the top 10, falling to 11th, 14th and 17th respectively.
Wins including Halifax earned Adam & Eve a five-place hike as it moved closer to the top 20 agencies with billings of £79.72m.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and MediaCom both clearly retained their positions as the largest UK creative and media agencies.
The Top 50 media agency table was more stable, with less movement in the top 10, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy