Branson's iPad mag in legal dispute
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 15 March 2012 09:43AM
The publisher of Project magazine, Virgin Interactive Publishing (VIP), has received a winding-up petition from Seven Publishing, a former publishing partner in the venture.
Seven, which in December 2011, exited an arrangement with Virgin Digital Publishing to produce Project, claims to be a creditor of the new publishing company – a merger between Virgin Digital Publishing and Other Edition, formed in December.
Project is a lifestyle magazine which was set up by Holly Branson, the daughter of Richard Branson in November 2010.
The case was initially heard on 5 March this year at the Royal Courts of Justice. The case has now been adjourned to 30 April.
Francis Malone, the owner of Other Edition, said the next issue of Project would be out in early April.
Seven Publishing and Virgin were unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DIGITAL PROJECT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K+bonus & benefits / £260++day rate., London
- Event Co-ordinator Stopgap £24000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Retail Brands! Royds Raphael c£40k + bonus & benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad