Branson's iPad mag in legal dispute
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 15 March 2012 09:43AM
The publisher of Project magazine, Virgin Interactive Publishing (VIP), has received a winding-up petition from Seven Publishing, a former publishing partner in the venture.
Seven, which in December 2011, exited an arrangement with Virgin Digital Publishing to produce Project, claims to be a creditor of the new publishing company – a merger between Virgin Digital Publishing and Other Edition, formed in December.
Project is a lifestyle magazine which was set up by Holly Branson, the daughter of Richard Branson in November 2010.
The case was initially heard on 5 March this year at the Royal Courts of Justice. The case has now been adjourned to 30 April.
Francis Malone, the owner of Other Edition, said the next issue of Project would be out in early April.
Seven Publishing and Virgin were unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media