Mother beats two to win HTC global advertising business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 March 2012 10:40AM
HTC, the smartphone manufacturer, has appointed Mother to create global brand ideas across its estimated £100 million ad business.
Mother won a pitch against HTC's US incumbent, Deutsch LA, and its agency in Asia, Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore. The win strengthens Mother's relationship with HTC after its capture of the phone company's pan-European ad business in July last year.
HTC, which has previously run regional advertising activity, called the pitch late last year because it wants global brand ideas that can work across markets. The brand will continue to retain its regional agency relationships, including Deutsch LA.
Mother will work with HTC on developing single global brand ideas to run across all consumer channels, including traditional advertising, digital and retail.
Mother will collaborate with HTC's regional client teams and agencies to ensure that the campaigns are adapted for the best impact.
Greg Fisher, HTC's vice-president of global marketing, said: "We have very big plans for 2012, and beyond, to drive the HTC brand. We needed a creative partner to take this journey with us and to create a breakthrough global campaign framework we can extend across the world."
Activity previously created by Mother for HTC in Europe includes a TV spot, "soundwave", that features a girl who can make everything she comes into contact with pulsate to the rhythm of the ad's soundtrack.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers