Sky brings back 60s ads for Mad Men launch
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 March 2012 10:50AM
Sky Atlantic is celebrating the launch of series five of the US drama series Mad Men on 27 March with ad breaks that will contain only 60s commercials.
Viewers will see famous UK advertising from the decade including the Fairy liquid spot featuring Nanette Newman and Leslie Ash.
Other ads that will run during the first episode include Cadbury's Milk Tray, Tetley, Citroën and Kit Kat.
Some of the spots will be from the US to reflect the programme's content and Sky Atlantic's offering. These will include 60s ads from American Airlines and Pringles.
Mad Men launches as a double-bill on Sky Atlantic two days after its US transmission. Sky Media, Sky's advertising division, negotiated the use of the classic ads with advertisers and their agencies.
Sky is also supporting the new series with a specially commissioned documentary, Ad Men, looking at the British admen who changed the industry in the 60s.
Nick Milligan, the managing director of Sky Media, said: "Taking our inspiration from the series, we wanted to give our viewers the opportunity to enjoy ads from the era of Mad Men and to create real event programming."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.