Heineken hands Strongbow Gold global digital task to Work Club
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 March 2012 08:30AM
Heineken is planning to roll out Strongbow Gold cider across 10 new territories and has appointed Work Club to handle the digital marketing activity.
Work Club won the account after a competitive pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
Duties include digital creative, social media and all implementation. The work will focus on targeting the 18- to 35-year-old market, the key demographic for the brand.
Strongbow introduced the Gold branding in February 2007 to target the overseas market. It is currently only available in Italy but Heineken plans to expand it to 10 other countries, excluding the UK.
The brand's ad by Y&R Dublin tells the story of the "Strongbow Gold legend". It features an archer shooting an arrow into an apple and the strapline, "the explosive taste of nature".
The ad is accompanied by a website that portrays the heritage of the drink.
Heineken is significantly stepping up its digital marketing and recently signed a major ad deal with Facebook to collaborate on social media campaigns.
It also recently appointed We Are Social to handle social media activity for its Bulmers and Jacques cider brands.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot