CNBC extends partnership with F1's Marussia team
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 16 March 2012 10:59AM
CNBC, the broadcaster of business and financial news and information, has extended its partnership with the Marussia F1 team to become its official exclusive global Business Media Partner for the 2012 F1 season.
As part of the deal, announced on 15 March, CNBC will have branding on the sides of the new Marussia F1 team race car, as well as on the drivers race suits and in trackside environments. It extends a partnership first brokered last year.
CNBC will broadcast regular on-air and online F1 news updates throughout the season and their first appearance on the side of the new race car will be at the Australian Grand Prix on 18 March.
Andy Webb, chief executive officer of the Marussia F1 team, said: "Last year our partnership proved successful, promoting the team to CNBC’s influential audience and helping to expand and add value to our portfolio of commercial partners."
He added that the Marussia team are optimistic that they will be able to make a good step forwards this year and really start to build on their "ambitious plans for the future."
Founded in 2009, Marussia is an Anglo-Russian team based at the new Marussia Technical Centre in Banbury, UK. It is majority-owned by Marussia, the Russian supercar marque from Moscow.
One of the team's founding partners was Sir Richard Branson's Virgin group of companies.
Meanwhile, Santander has been named as the official 2012 broadcast sponsor of Formula 1 on Sky Sports.
The sponsorship, brokered by Carat and Sky Media, will feature Santander branding on opening and closing sequences, break bumpers either side of advert breaks plus on-air promos, online inventory and multi-platform coverage.
The sponsorship covers integrated material on all relevant skysports.com F1 TM specific sites.
Santander is also a corporate partner of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and sponsor of Scuderia Ferrari, as well as title sponsors of several Grand Prix races throughout the season.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Product Manager Ninesharp £30000 - £40000 per annum, Lincolnshire
- English Copywriter MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Dubai
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'