McDonald's kicks off Absolute breakfast show sponsorship
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 March 2012 09:07AM
McDonald's has struck an eight-week deal with Absolute Radio to sponsor its breakfast shows, which include weekdays with Christian O'Connell, Saturday mornings with Frank Skinner and Sunday mornings with Vicki Blight, for an undisclosed sum.
The fast food giant will be promoting its breakfast products, including porridge, breakfast wrap, sausage and egg McMuffin and coffees.
It plans to promote the quality of its food, including its use of free-range eggs and British pork, through the deal, which was brokered by OMD.
As well as sponsor credits, Absolute Radio will include in-show features and competition givaways on 'The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show' and Vicki Blight's show on Sundays.
The partnership kicks off today (19 March), with a competition for listeners to find breakfast show co-host Richie Firth in a McDonald’s restaurant in London, wearing a T-shirt with a clue to a breakfast-themed song printed across the front.
The first person to follow Christian O'Conell's clues, track Firth down and call into the studio with the answer, will win £1,000.
Capital One was the most recent Absolute breakfast show sponsor, with an eight-week campaign kicking off in November last year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Recruitment Consultant, Digital/Direct Marketing Consultancy Direct Recruitment 25k-59k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad