McDonald's kicks off Absolute breakfast show sponsorship
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 March 2012 09:07AM
McDonald's has struck an eight-week deal with Absolute Radio to sponsor its breakfast shows, which include weekdays with Christian O'Connell, Saturday mornings with Frank Skinner and Sunday mornings with Vicki Blight, for an undisclosed sum.
The fast food giant will be promoting its breakfast products, including porridge, breakfast wrap, sausage and egg McMuffin and coffees.
It plans to promote the quality of its food, including its use of free-range eggs and British pork, through the deal, which was brokered by OMD.
As well as sponsor credits, Absolute Radio will include in-show features and competition givaways on 'The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show' and Vicki Blight's show on Sundays.
The partnership kicks off today (19 March), with a competition for listeners to find breakfast show co-host Richie Firth in a McDonald’s restaurant in London, wearing a T-shirt with a clue to a breakfast-themed song printed across the front.
The first person to follow Christian O'Conell's clues, track Firth down and call into the studio with the answer, will win £1,000.
Capital One was the most recent Absolute breakfast show sponsor, with an eight-week campaign kicking off in November last year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Sports Mad Digital Designer - Integrated Agency - £30-35K The Creative Recruiter £30-35K plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Integrated Agency - £40-45K The Creative Recruiter £40-45K plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Experiential Major Players £45000 - £50000 per hour, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London (West), London (Greater)