Omnicom's 180 promotes Michael Allen to chief executive
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 March 2012 11:35AM
180, the creative agency owned by Omnicom, has appointed its Los Angeles managing partner Michael Allen as global chief executive.
Allen succeeds Chris Mendola, one of the founders of the agency, who becomes chairman.
Allen started 180 LA as managing partner and president in 2007 after leaving sister Omnicom agency TBWA/Chiat/Day.
The office has grown from four employees and one founding client to 85 employees. Core clients include Sony Electronics, Boost Mobile, Mitsubishi Motors and Constellation Wines.
Allen has 25 years experience working in international marketing on some of the world's most famous brands, including Adidas, Apple, Motorola, Sony and Ray-Ban.
He has held senior management positions on both the client and agency sides of the business, including seven years as a senior marketing client at Nike.
He is also credited with reviving Nissan in 1999, introducing "Impossible is Nothing" for adidas in 2004, helping Ray-Ban persuade the world to "Never Hide" in 2006, and branding the "make.believe" spirit for Sony in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch