British Airways appoints OgilvyOne to global digital account
British Airways has appointed OgilvyOne as the lead agency to handle its global digital account.
The agency won the account in a final two-way shoot out against SapientNitro. AKQA was knocked out earlier in the process.
OgilvyOne led a consortium of agencies, which included eCommera, Imano, Ravensbourne College and Decision Technology, to win the global account.
OgilvyOne and the new consortium will now become responsible for handling all of BA’s online marketing activity, including social media campaigns and banner ads.
The appointment will strengthen OgilvyOne's existing relationship with British Airways. The agency currently handles the airline’s global customer engagement business.
BA's digital review began in September last year. The account was previously handled by TBWA\London’s sister agency, Being, which was formed in January last year partly out of Agency.com, which had held a relationship with British Airways since 1996.
BA’s advertising account is handled Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH). The relationship will be unaffected by the appointment.
Last month BA launched its latest ad in its "To fly. To serve" campaign on Facebook.
The ad took a light-hearted look at the build-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games through the eyes of a little girl, whose bag races against luggage from other nations to make it to the arrivals hall first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)