British Airways appoints OgilvyOne to global digital account
British Airways has appointed OgilvyOne as the lead agency to handle its global digital account.
The agency won the account in a final two-way shoot out against SapientNitro. AKQA was knocked out earlier in the process.
OgilvyOne led a consortium of agencies, which included eCommera, Imano, Ravensbourne College and Decision Technology, to win the global account.
OgilvyOne and the new consortium will now become responsible for handling all of BA’s online marketing activity, including social media campaigns and banner ads.
The appointment will strengthen OgilvyOne's existing relationship with British Airways. The agency currently handles the airline’s global customer engagement business.
BA's digital review began in September last year. The account was previously handled by TBWA\London’s sister agency, Being, which was formed in January last year partly out of Agency.com, which had held a relationship with British Airways since 1996.
BA’s advertising account is handled Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH). The relationship will be unaffected by the appointment.
Last month BA launched its latest ad in its "To fly. To serve" campaign on Facebook.
The ad took a light-hearted look at the build-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games through the eyes of a little girl, whose bag races against luggage from other nations to make it to the arrivals hall first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show