Coke launches first new bottle size in almost 20 years
Coca-Cola is launching a pocket-sized bottle across its three cola brands this spring, marking the first bottle launch since its 500ml bottles went on sale in 1993.
The launch of the 375ml Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero bottles will be supported by an ad campaign created by ad agency Mother, which will use Coca-Cola’s 'Open Happiness’'strapline.
A spokesman for Coca-Cola Great Britain said the introduction of the new bottle size followed research that found people wanted another option alongside the 330ml can and 500ml bottle.
The outdoor campaign, which was planned and bought by Vizeum, will include six-sheets and T-sides on buses. In-store point-of-sale activity will promote the new bottles at storefronts and chillers.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "We're pleased to be responding to consumer demand and launching our first new on-the-go pack size in almost 20 years, building on our commitment to growing the choice of Coca-Cola products available.
"The new 375ml MyCoke bottles offer consumers a handy, pocket size Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or Coke Zero to satisfy their thirst at great value."
The bottle will be produced in Coca-Cola's PlantBottle packaging, which is made from 22.5% plant-based materials and up to 25% recycled plastic.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London