Advertising and media industry in youth opportunities push
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 March 2012 12:01AM
Mother, Facebook and PHD are among a hundred companies from a range of creative sectors that have signed up to an IPA-led initiative to help get 300 young people into employment.
The companies are offering apprenticeships and paid internships from September, as well as support for budding entrepreneurs to get their business ideas off the ground.
The initiative, called the Creative Pioneers Challenge, was launched by IPA president Nicola Mendelsohn and the minister for culture, communications and creative industries Ed Vaizey at the IPA President’s New Year reception in January.
Today the IPA has revealed the 100 businesses supporting the initiative at the same time as opening the application process with a blaze of publicity from media partner Metro.
The list includes creative agencies such as AMV BBDO and Saatchi & Saatchi and media agenies such as UM and MediaCom.
Digital specialists are represented with LBi and Albion while social media giants Facebook and Twitter are also participating.
Other businesses include ITV and Metro; production companies such as RSA Films and Aardman Animations, gaming company Activision and special effects company Double Negative.
Anyone aged 16 or over can enter the challenge by answering three questions and uploading a 60-second video of themselves explaining why they believe they are a creative pioneer at www.creativepioneers.co.uk.
The deadline for entry is noon on Friday 27 April.
Mendelsohn said: "We want young people from any background to enter; it’s not just about qualifications, it’s about having the right mindset and attitude; it’s about seeing yourself as part of the next generation of creative pioneers."
Vaizey said: "The IPA and the companies involved in this challenge are to be commended for nuturing and developing the next generation of film directors, web and video games designers, advertising chief and marketing experts."
The initiative is also supported by creative sector skills council Skillset.
|100 companies backing the IPA initiative|
|Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO|
|Beattie McGuinness Bungay|
|Creative Marketing Services|
|Euro RSCG London|
|Kitcatt Nohr Digitas|
|Manning Gottlieb OMD|
|Ragdoll Research & Planning|
|Saatchi & Saatchi|
|Square Enix Europe|
|Starcom MediaVest Group|
|The Brooklyn Brothers|
|The Gate Films|
|The Red Brick Road|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)