FitFlop appoints Walker Media to estimated £1.2m media account
FitFlop, the footwear brand, has appointed Walker Media, the M&C Saatchi-owned media agency, to its media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
FitFlop spent £602,000 on media during 2011, according to figures from Ebiquity.
However, it is understood that the brand is planning to spend £1.2m on media over the next year.
FitFlop's previous media agency was Total Media. The brand's media spend is generally split between press and outdoor and its creative work is designed in house.
Walker Media won the pitch after presenting its plans to launch the FitFlop Spring-Summer 2012 collection under the positioning, ‘Wear The Shoes, Rule The World', in a bid to emphasise the brand's emphasis on "comfort and enablement".
Nicki Hare, vice-chairman at Walker Media, said: "We are thrilled to be partnering FitFlop at such an important stage of their development. There is a great cultural fit between the two companies.
"We have worked really closely together to ensure we showcase their wonderful spring-summer range at its best."
Yesterday (20 March), M&C Saatchi reported a 22% year-on-year rise in revenue to £153.1m and pre-tax profits doubled to £16m. M&C Saatchi said in its results that Walker Media had a "healthy new business pipeline".
Last month, Walker Media completed a restructure of its business, following the loss of the Barclays account, and combined its digital display and TV-buying teams, promoting digital strategist Clive Record to the position of head of screen.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- NPD Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand Manager EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England