FitFlop appoints Walker Media to estimated £1.2m media account
FitFlop, the footwear brand, has appointed Walker Media, the M&C Saatchi-owned media agency, to its media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
FitFlop spent £602,000 on media during 2011, according to figures from Ebiquity.
However, it is understood that the brand is planning to spend £1.2m on media over the next year.
FitFlop's previous media agency was Total Media. The brand's media spend is generally split between press and outdoor and its creative work is designed in house.
Walker Media won the pitch after presenting its plans to launch the FitFlop Spring-Summer 2012 collection under the positioning, ‘Wear The Shoes, Rule The World', in a bid to emphasise the brand's emphasis on "comfort and enablement".
Nicki Hare, vice-chairman at Walker Media, said: "We are thrilled to be partnering FitFlop at such an important stage of their development. There is a great cultural fit between the two companies.
"We have worked really closely together to ensure we showcase their wonderful spring-summer range at its best."
Yesterday (20 March), M&C Saatchi reported a 22% year-on-year rise in revenue to £153.1m and pre-tax profits doubled to £16m. M&C Saatchi said in its results that Walker Media had a "healthy new business pipeline".
Last month, Walker Media completed a restructure of its business, following the loss of the Barclays account, and combined its digital display and TV-buying teams, promoting digital strategist Clive Record to the position of head of screen.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Channel Marketing Manager, VAR, Epson UK Ltd Epson Europe BV Competitive Salary plus benefits, Hemel Hempstead
- Business Development Manager or Director Stonor £35,000 - £50,000 basic (DOE) plus generous bonus scheme OTE £100k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch