Huggies launches biggest ad campaign in four years
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 21 March 2012 11:51AM
Kimberly-Clark-owned nappy brand, Huggies, is launching its biggest advertising campaign in more than four years.
A multimillion-pound TV campaign launching today (21 March) will promote the launch of Huggies' new "drylock system", which it says leaves a baby's skin super dry for up to 12 hours and helps to prevent leaks.
The ad, created by Ogilvy & Mather, features two babies, Alfie and Evie, talking in baby babble and animating their conversation with expressive hand gestures.
The baby babble is translated via subtitles for the viewer and calls on parents to put babies in Huggies to stop the embarrassment of leaking nappies. The strapline reads, "What happens in Huggies stays in Huggies".
In-store activity, PR and digital activity will support the campaign. Alfie will also continue online with the launch of his very own Twitter handle, @AlfieTheBaby.
Louise Weatherstone, brand manager at Huggies, said: "Alfie's campaign has been developed to create a careful balance of humour and engagement, to entertain and motivate parents to buy Huggies.
"The campaign will be delivered across varied marketing platforms, with particular focus on online, as this remains the number-one point of reference for parents looking for baby brand insights."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey