Real Radio partners Wowcher to launch daily deals service
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 10:20AM
The Real Radio Network is set to launch a regionally focused special offers service to its listeners thanks to a new media partnership with daily deals business, Wowcher.co.uk.
The service, called Real Deals, will be available in Real Radio's broadcast regions of Wales, the North West, North East, Yorkshire and Central Scotland.
It will launch on 2 April and will be promoted on-air and across the group's regional websites each day.
Real Radio's move comes only days after regional and national newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror launched its own deals service, Happli.
Jonathan Gillespie, group commercial director at GMG Radio, said: "Our research shows that Real’s listeners are eager for this kind of money saving service and we wanted to work with the right partner that would offer our listeners the best national and local offers each day as well as having customer satisfaction at the heart of their business."
Roland Bryan, managing director of Wowcher, said that the relationship brings fantastic local and national savings to an even wider audience that will "help to deliver even more high quality local exposure for our merchants."
Wowcher.co.uk claims to be the fastest growing major deals site in the UK and offers discounts on a range of products and services from eating out, hotel rooms, spas, beauty treatments, to consumer electronics and gifts.
Competing daily deals services include Groupon and LivingSocial as well as brands like BP and Time Out, which have also moved into this area.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Managing Director - Branded Content and Experiential Agency Bamboo Crowd £80000 - £90000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Innovative Advertising Agency Bamboo Crowd £55000 - £65000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review