Real Radio partners Wowcher to launch daily deals service
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 10:20AM
The Real Radio Network is set to launch a regionally focused special offers service to its listeners thanks to a new media partnership with daily deals business, Wowcher.co.uk.
The service, called Real Deals, will be available in Real Radio's broadcast regions of Wales, the North West, North East, Yorkshire and Central Scotland.
It will launch on 2 April and will be promoted on-air and across the group's regional websites each day.
Real Radio's move comes only days after regional and national newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror launched its own deals service, Happli.
Jonathan Gillespie, group commercial director at GMG Radio, said: "Our research shows that Real’s listeners are eager for this kind of money saving service and we wanted to work with the right partner that would offer our listeners the best national and local offers each day as well as having customer satisfaction at the heart of their business."
Roland Bryan, managing director of Wowcher, said that the relationship brings fantastic local and national savings to an even wider audience that will "help to deliver even more high quality local exposure for our merchants."
Wowcher.co.uk claims to be the fastest growing major deals site in the UK and offers discounts on a range of products and services from eating out, hotel rooms, spas, beauty treatments, to consumer electronics and gifts.
Competing daily deals services include Groupon and LivingSocial as well as brands like BP and Time Out, which have also moved into this area.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Retail Advertising Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., South East England
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'