Shop Direct calls £17m ad pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 08:00AM
Shop Direct Group is reviewing its £17 million advertising business in a bid to consolidate the accounts for Very.co.uk, Isme and Littlewoods into one agency.
The company, which also owns Woolworths.co.uk, has invited its incumbent agencies to pitch for the combined account.
VCCP, the incumbent on Very.co.uk and Woolworths.co.uk, said that it will not repitch for the business.
The incumbent on the Littlewoods creative account is Contagious Content, while Addiction handles advertising for Isme.
Shop Direct is hoping the review will result in work that clearly differentiates the brands, with the pitch expected to be completed by June.
VCCP won the Very.co.uk account after a pitch in 2009 and went on to pick up Woolworths.co.uk after Shop Direct shifted it out of The Brooklyn Brothers last year.
Littlewoods came under fire for its Christmas ad last year, which was one of the most-criticised campaigns in 2011. It previously worked with Leo Burnett, which declined to repitch when a review was called a year ago.
Gareth Jones, Shop Direct’s group retail director, said: "Differentiation is key for us, so it makes real sense to create a space where our agencies can work simultaneously across our portfolio."
He added: "We are more than pleased with the results we have achieved so far with our incumbent agencies, so it is right and natural we have invited them to pitch. We believe they have the capability to help us drive our brands forward."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief