Cadbury division set to become Mondelez International
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 09:32AM
Kraft is proposing to change the name of its international snacks business, including Cadbury, to Mondelez International, which is intended to mean “delicious world”.
Shareholders will vote to approve the name at the Kraft general meeting on 23 May.
The new name will be used as the corporate name and not the consumer brand for the division, which also includes Kraft brands such as Oreo and Milka chocolate.
Kraft asked its employees to suggest names for its snacks business last year after it disclosed plans to split into two listed companies – its North American grocery brands and its international snacks business.
"Monde" derives from the Latin word for "world" and "delez" is a fanciful expression of "delicious". "International", captures the global nature of the business, said Kraft.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)