BMB wins Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 11:05AM
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has hired Beattie McGuinness Bungay to work on global communications projects.
BMB, which won the business after a pitch, will work on strategy and execute new campaigns for the foundation.
Social media is likely to be a key element in the foundation's future communications.
In June last year, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's communications chief, Jeremy Hillman, said that social media would be playing a large part in the operation.
The foundation was launched by the Microsoft chairman, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda, in an attempt to improve healthcare and reduce poverty globally, while also expanding educational opportunities and access to IT in the US.
BMB is on the Microsoft roster after being appointed to promote the latest version of the Internet Explorer browser last year.
The process that led to its Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation appointment was conducted separately.
A spokeswoman for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said: "We are happy to confirm that BMB is working with us on a project."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London