BMB wins Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 11:05AM
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has hired Beattie McGuinness Bungay to work on global communications projects.
BMB, which won the business after a pitch, will work on strategy and execute new campaigns for the foundation.
Social media is likely to be a key element in the foundation's future communications.
In June last year, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's communications chief, Jeremy Hillman, said that social media would be playing a large part in the operation.
The foundation was launched by the Microsoft chairman, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda, in an attempt to improve healthcare and reduce poverty globally, while also expanding educational opportunities and access to IT in the US.
BMB is on the Microsoft roster after being appointed to promote the latest version of the Internet Explorer browser last year.
The process that led to its Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation appointment was conducted separately.
A spokeswoman for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said: "We are happy to confirm that BMB is working with us on a project."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough