BMB wins Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 11:05AM
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has hired Beattie McGuinness Bungay to work on global communications projects.
BMB, which won the business after a pitch, will work on strategy and execute new campaigns for the foundation.
Social media is likely to be a key element in the foundation's future communications.
In June last year, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's communications chief, Jeremy Hillman, said that social media would be playing a large part in the operation.
The foundation was launched by the Microsoft chairman, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda, in an attempt to improve healthcare and reduce poverty globally, while also expanding educational opportunities and access to IT in the US.
BMB is on the Microsoft roster after being appointed to promote the latest version of the Internet Explorer browser last year.
The process that led to its Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation appointment was conducted separately.
A spokeswoman for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said: "We are happy to confirm that BMB is working with us on a project."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Associate Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Dot-Gap £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- European Digital Director Dot-Gap N/A, Germany
- Account Manager - TV Aspire £30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India