McDonald's chief announces his retirement
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 22 March 2012 12:02PM
McDonald’s chief executive Jim Skinner is retiring from the fast-food chain after seven years in the role, and is being replaced by chief operating officer Don Thompson
Skinner has worked at McDonald's for 41 years. Thompson will take over the role from July 1 this year.
Thompson is 48 and has previously held a number of executive roles at the burger chain. He became chief operating officer in January 2012.
His previous roles include president of McDonald's US from 2006 until 2010, a role in which he was responsible for the strategic direction of the US business.
The change does not impact on the role of Jill McDonald, UK chief executive of McDonalds.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Director - EMEA Aspire £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, London
- Broadcast Account Manager - TV, VOD, Radio & Cinema Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum + car + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands