MEC retains $100m Activision international account
Activision, the gaming company behind the 'Call of Duty' franchise, has reappointed MEC as its media agency in all markets outside North America, including the UK.
It is understood that following a closed review of its planning and buying requirements, Omnicom's OMD has retained the Activision business in North America, while WPP-owned MEC has retained the business in all other markets.
The global value of the account is understood to be in the region of $200m (£128m), with markets outside North America accounting for half the spend.
MEC previously held the Activision media planning and buying account globally, but the North American business moved to OMD in June without a pitch, after MEC and Activision ended their relationship by mutual consent.
Following the move, it is understood that in late 2011, Activision started a closed review of its global media planning and buying requirements. It is believed that this review is now complete and no further changes have been made.
Representatives of Activision and OMD had not responded to requests for comment by the time of publication. A spokeswoman for MEC declined to comment.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign