David Newton takes managing partner role at Razorfish
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2012 11:40AM
Razorfish has hired David Newton as a managing partner, where he will join current managing partners, Rob Watt and Rob Fenton.
Newton will join Razorfish in April from VCCP, where he is managing director of digital, and will report to Chris Mellish, chief executive officer of Razorfish in the UK.
He will also work closely with Daniel Bonner, chief creative officer, and William Lidstone, executive vice-president for Razorfish International, who are primarily based in the London Office.
Before joining VCCP in January 2011, Newton was head of client services at Dare for two years and, before that, worked as group account director at Glue London. His previous experience includes stints at AMV BBDO and McCann Erickson, and he began his career at TBWA\GGT.
Mellish said: "David is a great cultural fit for Razorfish and joins the agency at an exciting time. Having served in senior positions at Glue, Dare, AMV and McCann, David has a track record of success at agencies with both a digital and traditional heritage.
"He will be a fantastic complement to our existing management team as our current and new clients look to us for strategic leadership – as well as creativity and innovation – as they address their business problems."
Follow Nick Batten on @NickBatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Senior Planner (DM Agency) Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch