Dove launches campaign to support self-esteem programme
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2012 11:39AM
Dove, the Unilever-owned skin care brand, is launching its latest self-esteem initiative tomorrow (24 March), with an ad campaign that encourages girls and women to have a positive relationship with beauty and themselves.
The campaign, created by Ogilvy & Mather, forms part of a £1.6m drive and breaks on TV, supported by an on-pack promotion and in-store activity.
The ads will carry the strapline, "Together we can make a difference. Dove brings self-esteem education to girls".
Ali Fisher, brand manager of Dove Skin, Unilever UK, said the brand hoped to create a "step change" with the new campaign.
She said: "At Dove, we are passionate about our social mission and want to continue our support to help young girls and women develop a positive relationship with their bodies."
The 2012 Dove self-esteem programme aims to tackle women and girls' attitudes towards themselves, following research released by SIG, which showed 53% of girls in the UK have avoided certain activities because they feel bad about their looks.
The research also found that 22% of girls won't go to the beach or pool, while 20% have avoided physical activity or exercise, and one in 10 will not go to the doctor.
Dove's self-esteem programme has previously run in schools, engaging with more than 800,000 people in the UK, and has invested £250,000 to run one-hour workshops in partnership with the Beat Eating Disorders Association.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Director - EMEA Aspire £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, London
- Broadcast Account Manager - TV, VOD, Radio & Cinema Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum + car + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands