United Biscuits splits business into two
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2012 04:45PM
United Biscuits (UB) has confirmed that it's splitting its UK business into two, dividing it into a biscuits and a snacks division.
UB executives held a meeting on Wednesday this week, when employees where told of the split.
The biscuits division will house brands including McVities and Jacobs. The snacks division will house brands such as KP crisps, Hula Hoops and McCoys.
UB said the split will not prompt any redundancies.
A spokesperson for the company said: "Like most businesses, United Biscuits (UB) continually reviews its structure to ensure that it best meets the needs of customers and consumers.
"We have identified improvements to the current UBUK organisation and have started a process with the UK teams to implement these changes. This will consist of a separation of the existing UB UK structure into Biscuits and Snacks Business Units.
"When the division is complete, it will provide improved service and innovation."
Blackstone, the US private equity company and PAI Partners, the French buyout firm, which own UB, have been looking to split the business to up profits across the group.
It is unclear if the company owners are looking to sell off its snacks division, as reported in some media.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign