United Biscuits splits business into two
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2012 04:45PM
United Biscuits (UB) has confirmed that it's splitting its UK business into two, dividing it into a biscuits and a snacks division.
UB executives held a meeting on Wednesday this week, when employees where told of the split.
The biscuits division will house brands including McVities and Jacobs. The snacks division will house brands such as KP crisps, Hula Hoops and McCoys.
UB said the split will not prompt any redundancies.
A spokesperson for the company said: "Like most businesses, United Biscuits (UB) continually reviews its structure to ensure that it best meets the needs of customers and consumers.
"We have identified improvements to the current UBUK organisation and have started a process with the UK teams to implement these changes. This will consist of a separation of the existing UB UK structure into Biscuits and Snacks Business Units.
"When the division is complete, it will provide improved service and innovation."
Blackstone, the US private equity company and PAI Partners, the French buyout firm, which own UB, have been looking to split the business to up profits across the group.
It is unclear if the company owners are looking to sell off its snacks division, as reported in some media.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media