Virgin Group appoints Yahoo! marketer to European role
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 March 2012 08:30AM
Virgin Group has hired James Tipple, former vice-president of marketing for Yahoo! EMEA, to the new role of brand director for Europe.
Tipple, who joined Virgin Group last month, left Yahoo! at the start of the year following a major restructure, which led to the decentralisation of the internet company’s global marketing function.
At Virgin, Tipple reports to Ian Rowden, partner and chief marketing officer for Virgin Group, who joined the company six months ago as a replacement for Catherine Salway.
Tipple’s responsibilities include seeking out potential new categories and regions for the Virgin brand to enter.
Under Rowden, Virgin Group’s brand team has undergone a restructure, creating brand director roles in regions including Australia and South Africa. The business is currently looking for a brand director for the US.
Tipple joined Yahoo! six years ago as consumer marketing director for Europe. Prior to this, he worked at Vodafone for six years, holding several roles including global marketing manager for Vodafone Asia.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- CRM ANALYST - Luxury retail Success Digital negotiable, City of London
- Planning Director Dynamic New Alliances £100000 - £850000 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014