Virgin Group appoints Yahoo! marketer to European role
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 March 2012 08:30AM
Virgin Group has hired James Tipple, former vice-president of marketing for Yahoo! EMEA, to the new role of brand director for Europe.
Tipple, who joined Virgin Group last month, left Yahoo! at the start of the year following a major restructure, which led to the decentralisation of the internet company’s global marketing function.
At Virgin, Tipple reports to Ian Rowden, partner and chief marketing officer for Virgin Group, who joined the company six months ago as a replacement for Catherine Salway.
Tipple’s responsibilities include seeking out potential new categories and regions for the Virgin brand to enter.
Under Rowden, Virgin Group’s brand team has undergone a restructure, creating brand director roles in regions including Australia and South Africa. The business is currently looking for a brand director for the US.
Tipple joined Yahoo! six years ago as consumer marketing director for Europe. Prior to this, he worked at Vodafone for six years, holding several roles including global marketing manager for Vodafone Asia.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head Of Digital Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- International Brand Marketing Manager - Sport Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas