Virgin Group appoints Yahoo! marketer to European role
Virgin Group has hired James Tipple, former vice-president of marketing for Yahoo! EMEA, to the new role of brand director for Europe.
Tipple, who joined Virgin Group last month, left Yahoo! at the start of the year following a major restructure, which led to the decentralisation of the internet company’s global marketing function.
At Virgin, Tipple reports to Ian Rowden, partner and chief marketing officer for Virgin Group, who joined the company six months ago as a replacement for Catherine Salway.
Tipple’s responsibilities include seeking out potential new categories and regions for the Virgin brand to enter.
Under Rowden, Virgin Group’s brand team has undergone a restructure, creating brand director roles in regions including Australia and South Africa. The business is currently looking for a brand director for the US.
Tipple joined Yahoo! six years ago as consumer marketing director for Europe. Prior to this, he worked at Vodafone for six years, holding several roles including global marketing manager for Vodafone Asia.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Social Account Manager - Leading Social Media Agency Digital Gurus £28000 - £41000 Per Annum Up to £40K + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Community Manager - Leading Retail Brand Digital Gurus £27000 - £33000 Per Annum Up to £33K + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Managers and Account Executives needed - Media Sales Ultimate Asset £20000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker become £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday