Pepsi Max launches crowd-surfing football ad starring Lionel Messi
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 March 2012 11:02AM
Pepsi has launched its 2012 'Football' campaign for its Pepsi Max drinks brand, which features Lionel Messi, Didier Drogba and other footballing stars crowd surfing at an outdoor music festival.
The up-tempo ad, entitled "crowd surfing", features Pepsi Max star footballers Messi, Drogba, Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard, Sergio Aguero and jack Wilshere, all of whom show off their footballing skills at an outdoor festival.
Drogba is seen executing a bicycle kick, while Wilshere slides along the crowd's hands to make a tackle. The ad was created by CLM BBDO.
Top DJ Calvin Harris features on the decks in the ad, playing his new single 'Let's Go' to the crowd of partygoers.
The campaign is initially launching online before a global TV campaign kicks off on April 4.
Drogba said: "The storyline to the advert is so exciting and different from anything I have seen before."
Pepsi has strong links with both music and sport. Its Pepsi Max ad for this year's Super Bowl featured the winner of the US version of the "The X Factor".
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media