Pepsi Max launches crowd-surfing football ad starring Lionel Messi
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 March 2012 11:02AM
Pepsi has launched its 2012 'Football' campaign for its Pepsi Max drinks brand, which features Lionel Messi, Didier Drogba and other footballing stars crowd surfing at an outdoor music festival.
The up-tempo ad, entitled "crowd surfing", features Pepsi Max star footballers Messi, Drogba, Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard, Sergio Aguero and jack Wilshere, all of whom show off their footballing skills at an outdoor festival.
Drogba is seen executing a bicycle kick, while Wilshere slides along the crowd's hands to make a tackle. The ad was created by CLM BBDO.
Top DJ Calvin Harris features on the decks in the ad, playing his new single 'Let's Go' to the crowd of partygoers.
The campaign is initially launching online before a global TV campaign kicks off on April 4.
Drogba said: "The storyline to the advert is so exciting and different from anything I have seen before."
Pepsi has strong links with both music and sport. Its Pepsi Max ad for this year's Super Bowl featured the winner of the US version of the "The X Factor".
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Head Of Brands Marketing Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)