Kevin Alavy steps up as MD of Initiative's sports intelligence unit
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 28 March 2012 12:26PM
Initiative has promoted its futures sports and entertaiment director Kevin Alavy to the newly created role of managing director of the division.
As managing director of Initiative, Futures Sport + Entertainment (FS+E), Alavy will continue to report to Sue Moseley, worldwide director of research and futures.
His promotion is recognition of FS+E's growth into new international markets, such as France, China and Brazil. His day-to-day management will be similar to before.
One key element of his role will be to grow the business internationally in 2012.
Alavy has been with Initiative for 10 years, prior to which he worked at MPG and at IBM.
Initiative FS+E measures the performance and value of investments in sport and sponsorship through a tailored tool kit, which provides independent performance data.
The team then uses advanced mathematical techniques to analyse that data to derive unique insights for clients.
Moseley said: "This promotion is testament to Kevin's hard work and dedication to FS+E over the last ten years. He is the perfect candidate to carry FS+E forward into new markets."
Follow Nick Batten on @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Kent Twist Recruitment £28000.00 - £33000 per annum, London
- eCRM Specialist Salt £25000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus and Bens, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014