BetVictor in agency talks over ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 March 2012 08:00AM
BetVictor, the online betting brand owned by Victor Chandler, is on the hunt for an advertising agency.
Agency sources said that BetVictor, which offers an online casino experience alongside sports betting, is talking to agencies via the intermediary Oystercatchers.
Chemistry meetings are expected to take place next week.
BetVictor has worked with Home since last year. The integrated agency has created a series of ads featuring the comedian and presenter Paddy McGuinness.
The pitch follows Victor Chandler’s decision to rebrand as BetVictor across all of its European operations in January.
Victor Chandler was founded in 1946 by the grandfather of the current chairman, who is also called Victor Chandler.
BetVictor’s most recent TV ad, starring McGuinness alongside Chandler, broke in January and launched the new brand.
It focused on McGuinness’ insistence that the brand needed a "gimmick" while Chandler reeled off a list of prices and offers that beat those of its competitors.
Chandler was the first operator to recognise the tax advantages of being based in Gibraltar, and the company grew into a multinational, called Victor Chandler International.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Software SolutionsPT To £30,000 + Bonus and Generous Benefits, SK8 3GX, Cheadle
- Insight Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff