Plant takes Global Radio trading post
Global Radio, the owner of the Capital and Heart stations, has appointed Martin Plant as its commercial trading director.
Plant, the former executive sales director of the now-defunct TV sales house ids, replaces Ed Chalmers, who was appointed as Channel 4’s trading director in January.
In his new role, Plant will be responsible for managing the airtime sales team and all spot advertising across Global Radio’s network. He will report to Mike Gordon, the managing director, commercial.
Plant will work alongside the director of commercial strategy, Stuart Mays, and John McGeough, the commercial operations director.
After joining the Virgin Media predecessor Flextech in 1998, Plant was promoted to broadcast and online sales director in 2002 and, after the formation of ids, which handled sales for UKTV and Virgin Media Television, he became the executive sales director in 2005.
Plant said: "I have admired the management team at Global since they created the company, and am excited about working with the team that has been the sales team of the year two years running."
Gordon said: "I am thrilled to have someone of Martin’s calibre and reputation join our team. Martin’s expertise will be invaluable as we continue the rapid growth of our commercial business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough