VCCP wins global McLaren ad brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 March 2012 11:20AM
VCCP has picked up the global advertising account for the high-performance sports car manufacturer McLaren Automotive.
The agency triumphed in a three-way shoot-out involving The Brooklyn Brothers and Leagas Delaney. JWT had been knocked out at an earlier stage.
McLaren Automotive called the pitch, which was handled by Oystercatchers, in November last year in a bid to challenge its rivals Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche ahead of the launch of a range of sports cars. The first of these – the MP4-12C – has recently launched.
VCCP will also be responsible for developing a global brand position for McLaren Automotive.
The company is working on the launch of a retail network that will open in 18 countries. This will sell and distribute the eight cars made by the McLaren production centre each day.
Greg Levine, the sales and marketing director at McLaren Automotive, said: "As our business operations mature, so must our brand. I am delighted we have appointed VCCP to help define our future communications strategy."
Darren Bailes, the executive creative director at VCCP, added: "McLaren Automotive is already one of the most innovative brands in the world.
"We can’t wait to educate audiences globally on how amazing they are."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show