Jam scoops Tesco Mobile social task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 March 2012 11:15AM
Tesco Mobile has appointed Jam to handle its social media business.
The Engine-owned shop picked up the account after a pitch and replaces We Are Social on the business.
It will be responsible for Tesco Mobile’s UK social media strategy and will manage the network’s online communities.
Tesco Mobile’s relationship with its ad agency, The Red Brick Road, is unaffected by the appointment.
In addition, Tesco Mobile has hired the Engine-owned PR agency MHP to handle its press office and consumer-facing campaign activity.
Jamie Kenny, the chief strategy officer at Jam, said: "This is an exciting opportunity for Tesco Mobile to bring PR and social media together to drive engagement with the brand."
Last year, Tesco Mobile overtook O2 to become the mobile phone provider most recommended by UK consumers, according to the European Net Promoter benchmarks survey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £27,000 p.a., South East England
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy