Jam scoops Tesco Mobile social task
Tesco Mobile has appointed Jam to handle its social media business.
The Engine-owned shop picked up the account after a pitch and replaces We Are Social on the business.
It will be responsible for Tesco Mobile’s UK social media strategy and will manage the network’s online communities.
Tesco Mobile’s relationship with its ad agency, The Red Brick Road, is unaffected by the appointment.
In addition, Tesco Mobile has hired the Engine-owned PR agency MHP to handle its press office and consumer-facing campaign activity.
Jamie Kenny, the chief strategy officer at Jam, said: "This is an exciting opportunity for Tesco Mobile to bring PR and social media together to drive engagement with the brand."
Last year, Tesco Mobile overtook O2 to become the mobile phone provider most recommended by UK consumers, according to the European Net Promoter benchmarks survey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film