Jam scoops Tesco Mobile social task
Tesco Mobile has appointed Jam to handle its social media business.
The Engine-owned shop picked up the account after a pitch and replaces We Are Social on the business.
It will be responsible for Tesco Mobile’s UK social media strategy and will manage the network’s online communities.
Tesco Mobile’s relationship with its ad agency, The Red Brick Road, is unaffected by the appointment.
In addition, Tesco Mobile has hired the Engine-owned PR agency MHP to handle its press office and consumer-facing campaign activity.
Jamie Kenny, the chief strategy officer at Jam, said: "This is an exciting opportunity for Tesco Mobile to bring PR and social media together to drive engagement with the brand."
Last year, Tesco Mobile overtook O2 to become the mobile phone provider most recommended by UK consumers, according to the European Net Promoter benchmarks survey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Insight Analyst Premier Consultants £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager / European Brand Leader - 12 month contract Seven Search and Selection £65k plus £7,500 car allowance, 20% bonus plus package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch