Jam scoops Tesco Mobile social task
Tesco Mobile has appointed Jam to handle its social media business.
The Engine-owned shop picked up the account after a pitch and replaces We Are Social on the business.
It will be responsible for Tesco Mobile’s UK social media strategy and will manage the network’s online communities.
Tesco Mobile’s relationship with its ad agency, The Red Brick Road, is unaffected by the appointment.
In addition, Tesco Mobile has hired the Engine-owned PR agency MHP to handle its press office and consumer-facing campaign activity.
Jamie Kenny, the chief strategy officer at Jam, said: "This is an exciting opportunity for Tesco Mobile to bring PR and social media together to drive engagement with the brand."
Last year, Tesco Mobile overtook O2 to become the mobile phone provider most recommended by UK consumers, according to the European Net Promoter benchmarks survey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push