Jam scoops Tesco Mobile social task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 March 2012 11:15AM
Tesco Mobile has appointed Jam to handle its social media business.
The Engine-owned shop picked up the account after a pitch and replaces We Are Social on the business.
It will be responsible for Tesco Mobile’s UK social media strategy and will manage the network’s online communities.
Tesco Mobile’s relationship with its ad agency, The Red Brick Road, is unaffected by the appointment.
In addition, Tesco Mobile has hired the Engine-owned PR agency MHP to handle its press office and consumer-facing campaign activity.
Jamie Kenny, the chief strategy officer at Jam, said: "This is an exciting opportunity for Tesco Mobile to bring PR and social media together to drive engagement with the brand."
Last year, Tesco Mobile overtook O2 to become the mobile phone provider most recommended by UK consumers, according to the European Net Promoter benchmarks survey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- UX Producer/Designer Blue Tree Recruits £35,000 - £45,000, Cobham, Surrey
- Account Director, Integrated, SW London The Great & The Good £45000 - £55000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Marketing Assistant Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, West London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Resource Manager - 12 month contract, Agency Source £30000 - £40000 per annum + Bens, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated