Virgin Media launches TV ad with Branson and Tennant
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 March 2012 09:41AM
Virgin Media is launching a TV ad this weekend featuring Sir Richard Branson, actor David Tennant and a time machine, which, for the first time, will showcase its bundled TV, broadband and telephone services in one broadcast campaign.
The campaign launch comes as competition hots up between Virgin Media and rivals such as Sky and BT.
The TV campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, will break during 'Britain's Got Talent' on ITV tomorrow (31 March) and will advertise its bundle of services, which Virgin Media calls Virgin Media Collections.
There are three ads in the campaign.
The first ad shows Tennant in front of a TV and focuses on Virgin Media’s TiVo service. Tennant explores his own back catalogue, while Branson makes a time-travel discovery of his own.
In the second TV ad, Branson and Tennant are featured in a "meditative scene", highlighting that Virgin Media's services include Sky Living and Sky Anytime as standard to customers.
The third ad features Tennant enjoying the wonders of an underwater world.
The campaign runs across TV, online and cinema. Media planning and buying is handled by Fifty6.
It follows Virgin Media's recent ads, featuring Usain Bolt and Branson, advertising its superfast broadband.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London