Primesight revamps south London outdoor sites
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 02 April 2012 11:30AM
Primesight, the outdoor media owner, has updated two advertising sites at Elephant and Castle and named them the Southern Gateway, with Sky as a launch advertiser.
The backlit 96 and back lit 350 at Elephant and Castle have been converted into a digital 96-sheet and an LED portrait.
The digital 96-sheet will face four lanes of traffic coming north from the A3, heading to Waterloo, the City and the West End. The LED portrait faces traffic coming in from the New Kent Road.
Naren Patel, chief executive officer of Primesight, said: "The Elephant and Castle roundabout is an iconic outdoor advertising site.
"The new Southern Gateway D96 alone will be seen by over half a million people every two weeks, in our opinion making it one of the best outdoor sites south of the river."
IPM has booked several Primesight's digital sites including the Southern Gateway, Chelsea Yacht Club and The Western Wonder for Sky, which is running ads promoting its new Movie Store offering.
Henry Lucas, account director at IPM, said that as part of a national campaign, iconic digital sites like the Southern Gateway are vital for adding impact and standout.
He said: "The location and positioning of this site is perfect for running multiple messages and making them relevant at different times of day."
Additionally, Primesight recently retained its £8m outdoor contract with Glasgow Subway and has renamed its current Cheyne Walk digital site to the Chelsea Yacht Club after the owners of the site.
Follow Nick Batten on @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool