Primesight revamps south London outdoor sites
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 02 April 2012 11:30AM
Primesight, the outdoor media owner, has updated two advertising sites at Elephant and Castle and named them the Southern Gateway, with Sky as a launch advertiser.
The backlit 96 and back lit 350 at Elephant and Castle have been converted into a digital 96-sheet and an LED portrait.
The digital 96-sheet will face four lanes of traffic coming north from the A3, heading to Waterloo, the City and the West End. The LED portrait faces traffic coming in from the New Kent Road.
Naren Patel, chief executive officer of Primesight, said: "The Elephant and Castle roundabout is an iconic outdoor advertising site.
"The new Southern Gateway D96 alone will be seen by over half a million people every two weeks, in our opinion making it one of the best outdoor sites south of the river."
IPM has booked several Primesight's digital sites including the Southern Gateway, Chelsea Yacht Club and The Western Wonder for Sky, which is running ads promoting its new Movie Store offering.
Henry Lucas, account director at IPM, said that as part of a national campaign, iconic digital sites like the Southern Gateway are vital for adding impact and standout.
He said: "The location and positioning of this site is perfect for running multiple messages and making them relevant at different times of day."
Additionally, Primesight recently retained its £8m outdoor contract with Glasgow Subway and has renamed its current Cheyne Walk digital site to the Chelsea Yacht Club after the owners of the site.
Follow Nick Batten on @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Integrated Designer | Contract | Central London Salt £150 - £250 per day, London
- Midweight Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £32K, London
- Project Manager - SEO - top media agency in the industry SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover) Timebased Events Ltd Subject to experience, 18-20 Penton Street, London, N1 9PS