VW drives fans to Facebook game for 3rd gen Beetle push
Volkswagen is rolling out a "hitchhike with a like" Facebook game for its third generation Beetle.
The campaign by Tribal DDB Amsterdam will offer players the chance to win a trip around Europe in the 21st Century Beetle.
The game challenges players to get to a European city of their choice by "hitchhiking". Players have to collect points along the way to unlock prizes and music tracks.
Every time a character offers a player a virual ride, a short teaser film will be played. If the player collects enough points, they could then win the Beetle trip.
Players have to progress through five levels, beginning at rookie and working up to "hitchhike king".
The more points a player collects, the better the prize, which includes tickets to music festivals, a Fender guitar, skateboards and free music tracks.
Robin Cenijn, interaction designer for Tribal DDB Amsterdam, said: "This game is a real experience of the spirit of the 21st Century Beetle.
"It allows you to travel with the iconic car but in an absolutely modern way, bringing in the social aspect of the journey with sharing rides and comparing them with your Facebook friends."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign