VW drives fans to Facebook game for 3rd gen Beetle push
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 April 2012 10:45AM
Volkswagen is rolling out a "hitchhike with a like" Facebook game for its third generation Beetle.
The campaign by Tribal DDB Amsterdam will offer players the chance to win a trip around Europe in the 21st Century Beetle.
The game challenges players to get to a European city of their choice by "hitchhiking". Players have to collect points along the way to unlock prizes and music tracks.
Every time a character offers a player a virual ride, a short teaser film will be played. If the player collects enough points, they could then win the Beetle trip.
Players have to progress through five levels, beginning at rookie and working up to "hitchhike king".
The more points a player collects, the better the prize, which includes tickets to music festivals, a Fender guitar, skateboards and free music tracks.
Robin Cenijn, interaction designer for Tribal DDB Amsterdam, said: "This game is a real experience of the spirit of the 21st Century Beetle.
"It allows you to travel with the iconic car but in an absolutely modern way, bringing in the social aspect of the journey with sharing rides and comparing them with your Facebook friends."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood