VW drives fans to Facebook game for 3rd gen Beetle push
Volkswagen is rolling out a "hitchhike with a like" Facebook game for its third generation Beetle.
The campaign by Tribal DDB Amsterdam will offer players the chance to win a trip around Europe in the 21st Century Beetle.
The game challenges players to get to a European city of their choice by "hitchhiking". Players have to collect points along the way to unlock prizes and music tracks.
Every time a character offers a player a virual ride, a short teaser film will be played. If the player collects enough points, they could then win the Beetle trip.
Players have to progress through five levels, beginning at rookie and working up to "hitchhike king".
The more points a player collects, the better the prize, which includes tickets to music festivals, a Fender guitar, skateboards and free music tracks.
Robin Cenijn, interaction designer for Tribal DDB Amsterdam, said: "This game is a real experience of the spirit of the 21st Century Beetle.
"It allows you to travel with the iconic car but in an absolutely modern way, bringing in the social aspect of the journey with sharing rides and comparing them with your Facebook friends."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Data Analyst - (Games Development Studio) - Guildford Guru Careers £Competitive (DOE), Guildford, Surrey (GU2)
- Digital Marketing Manager Network Marketing £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, North Yorkshire
- After Effects Designer Source £35000 per annum + Pro rata, London
- Digital Account Manager Digital Bubble £33,000 - 38,000, Central London
- Account Director - Design & Branding Agency Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
Who should you be kissing on Twitter? A new microsite offers guidance
It’s National Kissing Day, as if you didn’t know. And to celebrate, instead of kissing each other, the lingerie company Curvy Kate has developed a new microsite. Using a scientific formula, otherwise known as the Twitter API, Curvy Kate has looked at who you follow and your tweets to determine who you should be kissing.