Tyrrells to take on Doritos with launch of TorTyrrells
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 02 April 2012 11:28AM
Tyrrells is to take on Doritos with the launch of a range of premium tortilla chips called TorTyrells.
The range will be sold in three flavours – Glastonbury Cheddar & Caramilised Onion; Rather Hot English Chilli, and Somerset Sour Cream. Each will be sold in 175g packs, priced at £1.99.
In keeping with Tyrrells' other brands, TorTyrrells will be marketed with a particularly English, quirky twist.
They will be rolled out this month.
Tyrrells is in the midst of trying to secure listings at major supermarkets.
TorTyrells – which mark Tyrrells' major launch of 2011 – will be supported by a mix of marketing, including experiential, social media and on-pack promotion.
If the launch of the 175g packs is successful, the brand will be extended into smaller individual packs.
Tyrrells has previously extended its core crisp range into popcorn.
The tortilla chips market is currently dominated by Doritos.
United Biscuits also had a presence in the market with a number of premium lines, which have been subsequently delisted.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- INTERACTION DESIGNER - LONDON - £28-35K Salt £28000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Online Editor - B2B - London - £30K + bonus + benefits Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Shopper marketing manager - Sparkling Wine Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance + bonus, Berkshire
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad