Tyrrells to take on Doritos with launch of TorTyrrells
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 02 April 2012 11:28AM
Tyrrells is to take on Doritos with the launch of a range of premium tortilla chips called TorTyrells.
The range will be sold in three flavours – Glastonbury Cheddar & Caramilised Onion; Rather Hot English Chilli, and Somerset Sour Cream. Each will be sold in 175g packs, priced at £1.99.
In keeping with Tyrrells' other brands, TorTyrrells will be marketed with a particularly English, quirky twist.
They will be rolled out this month.
Tyrrells is in the midst of trying to secure listings at major supermarkets.
TorTyrells – which mark Tyrrells' major launch of 2011 – will be supported by a mix of marketing, including experiential, social media and on-pack promotion.
If the launch of the 175g packs is successful, the brand will be extended into smaller individual packs.
Tyrrells has previously extended its core crisp range into popcorn.
The tortilla chips market is currently dominated by Doritos.
United Biscuits also had a presence in the market with a number of premium lines, which have been subsequently delisted.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Director - EMEA Aspire £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, London
- Broadcast Account Manager - TV, VOD, Radio & Cinema Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum + car + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands