Ikea launches 'snap a napper' Facebook competition
Ikea is extending the 'Sleep Like A Princess' positioning used for its beds range with a Facebook competition encouraging customers to upload images of sleeping friends and family.
The competition will be open only to the 1.3 million Ikea Family loyalty scheme members and is designed to show that if you sleep like a princess at night, you will not fall asleep during the day.
Direct and digital agency Lida created the campaign, which will kick off with the Ikea Family members being sent an email today (3 April) headlined "Sleep like a princess every night".
The email will direct recipients to the Ikea Facebook page where members can enter a competition to win everything they need from Ikea to get a "perfect" night's sleep.
A video at the top of the Facebook page will show humorous scenes of people falling asleep and is designed to encourage people to "snap a napper", with the best entrant winning the competition.
The video will also appear on video-sharing sites including Vimeo and on Ikea's YouTube channel, in order to drive people to the Facebook competition page.
Digital activity is supporting a press campaign featuring a real-life princess sleeping on an Ikea bed, as well as radio activity on Absolute Radio.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Officer Comic Relief £28,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2