Ikea launches 'snap a napper' Facebook competition
Ikea is extending the 'Sleep Like A Princess' positioning used for its beds range with a Facebook competition encouraging customers to upload images of sleeping friends and family.
The competition will be open only to the 1.3 million Ikea Family loyalty scheme members and is designed to show that if you sleep like a princess at night, you will not fall asleep during the day.
Direct and digital agency Lida created the campaign, which will kick off with the Ikea Family members being sent an email today (3 April) headlined "Sleep like a princess every night".
The email will direct recipients to the Ikea Facebook page where members can enter a competition to win everything they need from Ikea to get a "perfect" night's sleep.
A video at the top of the Facebook page will show humorous scenes of people falling asleep and is designed to encourage people to "snap a napper", with the best entrant winning the competition.
The video will also appear on video-sharing sites including Vimeo and on Ikea's YouTube channel, in order to drive people to the Facebook competition page.
Digital activity is supporting a press campaign featuring a real-life princess sleeping on an Ikea bed, as well as radio activity on Absolute Radio.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £22,000, South Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith