Shop Direct in push to link print to digital marketing
Shop Direct aligning its print catalogue and burgeoning online business by integrating augmented reality into magazines to drive cross-platform engagement.
The retail group, which owns brands including Littlewoods, Very and isme, is building on its heritage in catalogue-based retailing by modernising magazines with technology provided by Aurasma.
It is trialling the technology with its first interactive editorial in the April edition of the Littlewoods.com bi-monthly magazine.
An image of celebrity interior designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen will initiate a behind-the-scenes video of the designer, which will introduce his range of homewares when a mobile device equipped with the Aurasma app is pointed at it.
After the trial, the retailer is planning to introduce augmented reality content across its entire brand portfolio.
Gareth Jones, group retail director at Shop Direct, said: "Bringing our printed publications to life with exclusive and interactive video content will help us to drive further cross-platform engagement with our brands and to increase traffic and conversion."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Director Major Players £250 - £350 per day, West London
- Senior Packaging Artworker - FMCG Twist Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, West End
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers